***VOTING HAS ENDED.***
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOTED FOR ALYSE!!!
WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED ON JUNE 14 ON ENERGIZER.COM, SO STAY TUNED!
For Immediate Release
AMAZING KIDS! FOUNDER/PRESIDENT ALYSE ROME SELECTED AS NATIONAL FINALIST IN 2011 ENERGIZER KEEP GOING® HALL OF FAME COMPETITION
Daily Voting for Final Inductee Til May 13 on Energizer Hall of Fame Website
April 6, 2011; Seattle, WA – Amazing Kids! ® (amazing–kids.org) announced today that its founder and president, Alyse Rome, has been selected as one of just ten National Finalists in the 2011 Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame Contest (http://www.energizerkeepgoinghalloffame.com). Selected by a panel of judges, the finalists were narrowed down to just 10 from a field of 100 semifinalists.
In honor of her selection as a finalist, Energizer is donating $1,000 and a Flip video camera to Amazing Kids!. Voting will continue each day from now until May 13th, 2011, Photos and a brief description of each finalist are featured on the Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame Contest’s website, where supporters may vote once per day through May 13: http://www.energizerkeepgoinghalloffame.com.
Amazing Kids! encourages all who believe in the importance of fostering the amazing gifts and potential of all children to vote each day for Alyse to show their support and to help Alyse and Amazing Kids! win the Grand Prize of $15,000. The direct link to vote for Alyse is at: http://energizerkeepgoinghalloffame.com/AlyseRome.aspx.
More information about the contest and the Official Rules can be found on the Energizer Keep Going® Hall Of Fame website.
ALYSE’S 13 YEARS OF SERVICE TO CHILDREN WORLDWIDE
The Energizer Keep Going® Hall of Fame nominees all represent enthusiastic, motivated, and unstoppable individuals who make changes in the world with their postivenergy™. Alyse’s selection as a finalist is based on her tireless efforts on behalf of Amazing Kids!, recognizing her contagious positive energy and drive to help all kids reach their amazing potential . Alyse’s achievements include:
- As the volunteer Executive Director, she has donated well over 25,000 volunteer hours to Amazing Kids!, which equates to over $1 million worth of paid work.
- Alyse has helped provide hope and friendship to over 5,000 children who are trauma survivors from around the world through the Amazing Kids! PenPals program which Alyse founded in 2005 in response to Hurricane Katrina. Since that time, Alyse has helped connect thousands of children who are survivors of trauma such as Sierra Leone’s and Pakistan’s civil wars, HIV orphans in Uganda, as well as kids affected by Hurricane Katrina.
- Alyse’s latest efforts include “Amazing Kids! PenPals for Japan,” an international friendship letter writing campaign to help heal the emotional wounds of the Japanese children who are survivors of the tragic March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
- Since founding Amazing Kids! 13 years ago, Alyse has helped dozens of children receive a combined total worth over $1 million in financial and other support, including access to caring mentors, towards launching their dreams. Known as a “Launching Pad for Kids’ Dreams”, the award-winning amazing–kids.org website features 13 years worth of inspiring “Amazing Kids! of the Month” stories, and many of these winners go on to appear on national news and talk shows such as Oprah, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN Heroes, and many more.
- Alyse acts as the Executive Editor and mentor to dozens of kids and teens who make up the international student staff of the web-based Amazing Kids! Magazine, mag.amazing–kids.org , recognized by the American Library Association as one of the Top 24 “Great Web Sites for Kids” in 2010. Through her caring and unwavering commitment to the kids and the magazine, Alyse continues to help foster achievement, literacy and a love of reading and writing, as well as critical thinking, communication skills, teamwork, creative writing, global awareness and science education, and much more, among not only the students on staff, but the millions of children from around the world who have frequented the website over the past 13 years to read and contribute to the magazine.
About Amazing Kids! ®
Founded in 1998 by Alyse Rome, a former educator and marketing executive, Amazing Kids! (http://amazing–kids.org) is a children’s educational non-profit organization and award-winning website dedicated to inspiring excellence in children, while helping them to realize their amazing potential and launch their dreams. A recent recipient of the American Library Association’s Top 24 “Great Websites for Kids” for 2010, the Amazing Kids! website supports kids’ creativity, literacy, global awareness and understanding, and achievement through hosting ongoing creative contests, publishing the award-winning, kid-created Amazing Kids! Online Magazine, mag.amazing–kids.org and connecting kids with letter-writing pals from around the world through their Amazing Kids! PenPals program.
Amazing Kids! president Alyse Rome founded the educational website to provide enriching educational experiences for kids outside of the regular classroom environment, as well as to provide kids with access to inspiring stories (the “Amazing Kids! of the Month” stories) about their peers who are accomplishing amazing achievements. Alyse believes that all kids have amazing potential, and dreams of a world in which all children’s amazing gifts are supported, and their dreams realized. She believes the best way this can be achieved is through collaboration with others, a major component of Amazing Kids!’ Launch My Dream! Initiative, which includes “Dream Teams” working together to support children’s dreams, consisting of caring adult mentors, other non-profits and educational institutions, as well as sponsorship and support from well-respected, active corporate citizens and foundations who share Amazing Kids!’ long-held commitment to children and their future. The organization encourages people interested in learning more or supporting their work to reach out and connect through their website, amazing–kids.org and their Facebook and Twitter pages: amazingkids. Tax deductible donations to support Amazing Kids!’ programs may be made via their secure online donation form: http://amazingkids.kintera.org/amazing–kids