By Luke Venable, age 12, Massachusetts
- ¼ cup flour (or hazelnut meal for a gluten-free cake)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons room-temperature coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2½ tablespoons Nutella (optional)
- Powdered sugar to dust (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream to serve with (optional)
- Combine the flour (or hazelnut meal), cocoa powder, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, egg, and milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture into a microwave-safe mug. Add Nutella.
- Put ⅓ remaining mixture in, and cover with Nutella.
- Put in ½ remaining mixture in; cover with Nutella.
- Put in remaining mixture.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with ice cream. Optionally add more Nutella, powdered sugar, and ice cream according to your preference.