By Remmi Smith, Cook Nook Columnist
Hi, Amazing Kids! I know you will enjoy this tasty recipe: Green Bean and Potato Curry. I love green beans and curry, so this dish is ideal for a healthy, delicious meal. Not only is the recipe good; it is good for you. Did you know that beans have been proven to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease? To further enhance both the health benefits and the flavor, I recommend using fresh ingredients. Let’s commit to a more balanced diet in the new year – I hope you try this amazing dish! Enjoy!
Hugs! <3 Remmi!
Green Bean and Potato Curry
- Chicken Broth
- Green Beans
- Prepare rice according to the package. Once finished, set the dish aside to prepare curry mixture.
- To prepare curry mixture, pour olive oil into a pan to get ready to sauté.
- Add onions and celery.
- Let sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add potato, chicken broth, water, curry, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Add green beans. Stir.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes until beans are tender.
- Once the curry mixture is prepared, return to the rice. Pack rice into a bowl that will serve as a mold and preserve shape.
- Turn bowl upside-down to place the rice on a plate.
- Place curry mixture on the side.
- Garnish with tomatoes and parsley.
Enjoy! <3 Remmi!