Amazing Kids! is delighted to announce the winners of our 2nd Annual Launch My Dream! Essay & T-Shirt Design Contest. We’d like to give a big thanks to this year’s entrants – you all were fantastic!
Our first 2nd Annual Launch My Dream! contest winner is Thalia Bernard, a 6-year-old from Lafayette, Louisiana. Thalia’s dream is “Hope for Haiti’s Children” and Thalia wants to “help put smiles back on the children’s faces”. With the help of her very own “Dream Team”, Thalia will send toys & pen pal letters to Haitian children, many of whom were orphaned in the recent earthquake. We’re excited to announce that Thalia’s Dream Team already has the following members:
1. Ashlee’s Toy Closet, an organization founded by a former Amazing Kid!, Ashlee Smith, who will help Thalia collect toy donations to send to the children.
2. Better Future International, an organization that helps orphans in Haiti and in other countries.
3. Amazing Kids! PenPals Program will match the children in Haiti with American children who are members of our PenPals program.
We’re delighted to announce that our second winner is 9-year Remmi Smith from Tulsa, Oklahoma, who was our February 2010 Amazing Kid! of the Month (http://www.amazing-kids.org/c72). Remmi’s dream is “Healthy Kids” and encouraging them to be a “C.H.E.F.” (Cook Healthy, Exercise Frequently), and to lead healthier lives. Amazing Kids! and Remmi’s “Dream Team” will help her launch her “Be a C.H.E.F. Challenge”, an exciting contest for kids! We’re excited to announce that the initial members of Remmi’s Dream Team include:
1. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International (http://www.jdrf.org/), a leading type 1 diabetes research organization
2. Metro Appliances and More, an appliance dealer that currently sponsors Remmi’s Cook Time with Remmi healthy kids cooking show. Throughout the coming months, we will be adding additional members to both Thalia and Remmi’s Dream Teams, so stay tuned! If you’d like to be a part of their Dream Teams, or make a financial contribution or donation of toys or supplies or your time to support either Thalia’s or Remmi’s amazing dreams, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see their winning t-shirt designs up close & to read more about our winners, visit the Launch My Dream! contest page on the Amazing Kids! website at: http://amazing-kids.org/contest_lmd09
Thalia and Remmi’s winning t-shirts will be available in the coming weeks on Amazing Kids! new Zazzle.com store, so check back with us to learn how to purchase their shirts and support their beautiful dreams!
And be sure to stay tuned for more Amazing Kids! Contests coming soon!