Amazing Kids! Online Magazine Submission Guidelines
Do you love writing, art, photography or videography, and are between the ages of 5 to 18? Would you like to be published in the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine? Read the following Amazing Kids!’ Writers Guidelines carefully, then submit your writing and art; it might just be published in an upcoming issue!
Send your name, age, and state/country when you send us your work. Please keep in mind we only accept kid-friendly, age-appropriate original creative works done by kids and teens. (The work must be appropriate for kids ages 12 and younger) and can be any of the following:
- Fiction Stories – (up to 2,000 words)
- Non-Fiction articles – You may also include pictures or art with your article for our various non-fiction columns such as:
- Cook Nook – We accept kid-friendly, easy to follow and make recipes and we especially love to feature healthy recipes! You may also include a photograph of the completed recipe.
- SciTech Kids – Got science or technology? Are you the next Bill Gates, Sally Ride, or Madam Curie? Send us your science, engineering, or tech related articles! Are you an “early adopter” of new technology, way before most people know about it? We’d love you to write about it for our column or help us do tech product reviews!
- Amazing Kids! Adventures – Do you love traveling to new places, or doing fun, exciting activities (like visiting a theme park or a new museum, attending the premiere of a new kids’ movie, or kayaking down a river)? We’d love to hear about your experiences on your adventure! Kid-friendly photographs or short video clips (3 minutes or less) of your adventure are welcomed!
- Global Village – Help Amazing Kids! create cultural awareness and understanding among kids of the world by writing about the culture of your country, or of a country where you’ve visited. What are some of the traditions, such as holiday celebrations, music, dance, language, that are practiced in the country? Kid-friendly photographs or short video clips (3 minutes or less) are welcomed!
- LOL (Laugh Out Loud) – Send jokes, riddles, funny short stories or funny facts!
- Videos – 3 minute limit or less. Please send only the link to videos which you’ve already posted online, such as on YouTube. We cannot accept large media files emailed to us. We apologize, but we cannot post links to videos longer than 3 minutes. We recommend you learn the basics of videography and editing by visiting the Meet Me at the Corner website.
- Reviews – Including books, movies, music, or kids’ products such as fun tech gear for kids and families. Photos of the book cover, movie, album or product are welcome.
Notes for Submissions:
- We ONLY accept kid-friendly stories/pictures/etc., appropriate for kids between the ages 5-12.
- Microsoft Word (.doc), rich text formatting (.rtf) attachments or plain text within the body of your email.
- Artwork and photography can be digitally created, or it can be scanned and emailed to us. We do not recommend sending any art submissions by mail, since they cannot be returned.
- We only accept links to kid-friendly videos or digital animations which have already been posted on safe, moderated video websites like SchoolTube. Please do not email us your movie files.
- Video submissions must be of good quality, with good lighting and sound. You can check out the in-depth online tutorial and tips for shooting quality videos at the Video 101 with Professor Monkey website or a simple video tutorial for shooting documentary style videos at the Meet Me At the Corner website.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Work must be the original work of the person submitting it, not copied in any part from someone else’s work.
- We accept group submissions from teachers/principals, etc.
- We are always looking for creative works which fit our upcoming themes for the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine. As such, any work which fits our themes will be given extra consideration by our staff for possible publication.
- We love to see writing that is educational, inspiring, humorous, positive, enlightening, thoughtful and reflective, creative and original, truthful, insightful, soulful or just plain fun!
We only accept kid-friendly content for our publication. Please keep in mind that our main audience is 8-12 year olds when submitting work. This means that we will absolutely not accept writing, art, photography or videos that contain:
- Inappropriate topics
- Inappropriate words
- Inappropriate images
- Mean, Cruel or hateful behavior or attitudes
- Disrespect towards others, whether it be parents, authority figures, or anyone else, including other kids
- Violence or other dark or frightening subjects
- Boyfriend/girlfriend romance
Note to Parents: We invite you to submit your reviews for our Parents of Amazing Kids! P.A.K. Reviews can be reviews of just about anything kids and families might like (movies, books, travel experiences, games, etc.); if you are a parent, send your reviews our way!
Please send all other material to Mindy, Editor-in-Chief: email@example.com. Please include your name, age, and state (or country, if you live outside the United States), with your submission.
If your work is accepted for publication in the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine, please allow two weeks for us to respond. We respond only to pieces we have accepted, so if you do not hear from us, please try submitting your work to other kids’ publications. Remember, just because your work isn’t accepted by one publisher, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a chance elsewhere! We just don’t have enough room to fit every submission we receive into each issue. So keep on trying and don’t give up!
Note to our Readers and Supporters: Please note that the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine is supported by sponsorships and donations from our supporters. As such, we accept donations from individuals and grant making organizations and foundations, as well as company sponsorships of the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine, as well as those who support our work and wish to help support the creativity of kids!
DONATE TODAY! Please show your support by making a donation to Amazing Kids! today using our secure online donation form. We invite companies to contact us about sponsoring a page or column in the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine. Please send these and all other inquiries regarding the Amazing Kids! Online Magazine or the Amazing Kids! organization to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to everyone and don’t forget to write!